Am I An Introvert, Extrovert or Ambivert?
Back in 20th century, a famous Swiss psychoanalyst called Carl Jung who coined the terms ‘introvert’ and ‘extrovert’. In general, an introvert tends to be reserved and withdrawn in social situations and draws energy from quiet reflection. A common misconception is that they are antisocial but they may be happy to spend time with one or two close people. On other other hand, an extrovert seeks and enjoys them. Hardly anyone is 100% introvert or extrovert so the term ‘ambivert’ was invented for individuals (basically everyone) who are a mixture of both personality types.
Based on research and personal experience, I have designed this quiz which should give you a good indication of where you lie on the scale. For each question, write down a number between 1 and 10 that best captures your honest opinion. Okay, paper and pencil at the ready!
1. When you meet someone for the first time you do most of the:
2. Your close friends are likely to describe you as:
3. You’re more productive in a:
4. In your spare time, you prefer to:
5. You prefer to be:
6. Do you mentally recharge by:
7. When a meet up is cancelled, you feel:
8. I would love to live in the:
9. You prefer to work:
10. I want to meet as many people as possible
11. I tell my friends everything
12. I enjoy small talk
13. I get along with open and expressive people
14. I enjoy parties
15. Making friends was always easy for me
16. I enjoy public speaking
17. I tend to speak before I think
18. I like bright and loud places (e.g. concerts)
19. When I get into a disagreement, I hold back my thoughts
20. I’m a risk taker
Alright pencils down! Add up all the numbers to get a final score and compare it against the groups below to get a rough idea of what personality type you may be:
Just remember, no single personality type is the best! Each individual brings different skills, perspectives and ideas to the table :)
So be yourself!